trying to buy my first trike

trying to buy my first trike

UNREAD_POSTby clem1960 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 pm

help. i can not decide what trike to get. i have tried them all. lol. went to grand rapids Saturday. they have two paths, 8 speeds, but i do not know if 8 speed is enough. i had trouble with the tour and rambler with there direct drive, maybe i am doing something wrong? can anyone help. i do like the way rover and rambler set up and easy to get in to. i have had back surgery, but i figure i will only need to get in in out one time a ride.
clem :shock: :shock:
clem1960

Re: trying to buy my first trike

UNREAD_POSTby Captainbob on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:41 pm

clem1960 wrote:help. i can not decide what trike to get. i have tried them all. lol. went to grand rapids Saturday. they have two paths, 8 speeds, but i do not know if 8 speed is enough. i had trouble with the tour and rambler with there direct drive, maybe i am doing something wrong? can anyone help. i do like the way rover and rambler set up and easy to get in to. i have had back surgery, but i figure i will only need to get in in out one time a ride.
clem :shock: :shock:

How you would know if the 8 speed was enough, would be to try it on hills in when you test ride, that are as steep as the places you ride. Depends on the terrain in your area. On my Rover I go up hills that are about a 10% grade with the 8 speed, and I am 71 years old. If you have hills steeper than that you can get either a Rover or Rambler with 24 speeds.
Terratrike Rover SA-8 Past 16,000 miles
It's not how fast you get there, it's the view along the way that matters...

Captainbob

UNREAD_POSTby HATEnFATE on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I test rode the Rover and the Tour. I was equally impressed with both. I could climb hills with ease with both trikes and was comfortable with both but I prefered the Tour. I was more comfortable with the link steering, lower seating position and the verticle handles as opposed to the direct steering, higher seat and horitonzal handle postion.

I could have been happy with either trike but I found my used tour for the same price as a new rover(which I would have purchased had I not found the used one)

Ride both. Your local bike shop should be more then happy to let you take an extended ride to find out which suits you best. Mine did. :)
Jason
HATEnFATE

UNREAD_POSTby Alon on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 am

good!! So you buyed it?/
Alon
Alon

Return to Tour