Any Sport Owners Out There?

Any Sport Owners Out There?

UNREAD_POSTby bent eagle on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 am

Wow, no threads yet in the "Sport" section? C'mon all you Sport owners. Brag about your trikes!
bent eagle

Re: Any Sport Owners Out There?

UNREAD_POSTby Trebuchet F2K on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

All right then! I purchased my Snakeskin Sport model this August. I chose the base version of the Sport, but opted to add the Elite version's Snakeskin alloy rims with Schwalbe Marathon tires. I've put around 200 miles on it so far. I get a lot of questions about both the Snakeskin finish and recumbent tadpole trikes in general. I took the opportunity to ride it in the Guilford, CT Citizens' Day Parade Sept. 19th (photos in the TT gallery); lots of fun! Haven't been able get out to ride for the past 3 weeks (my wife fractured her ankle walking). I'm suffering Reptile Dysfunction!
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
Trebuchet F2K

UNREAD_POSTby bent eagle on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Sounds like a gorgeous trike! Any pics?
bent eagle

UNREAD_POSTby Trebuchet F2K on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 am

I've uploaded the 4 photos my wife took of me in the Guilford Citizens' Day Parade to the TT gallery on Flickr but they really don't do justice to TT's amazing Snakeskin paint job. I'll post more as soon as I get a chance to take them, right now I'm having to much fun riding.

Riding in the parade was a blast. It presented a perfect opportunity to show off the manuverability of a trike since the lead off unit was a small (fortunately) unit of the 2nd Governor's Horse Guard! With 3 wheel tracks to watch and a low ground clearance to remember I didn't let my attention wander. I really felt sorry for the various marching bands who couldn't shift position. I would have preferred to immediately follow the group of federal, state and local politicos, since THEY got to march in front of the equines; but I guess the sight of a bunch of politicians being trailed by something that looked like a rolling rattlesnake might have sent the wrong message.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
Trebuchet F2K

UNREAD_POSTby Woody on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I have am 2008 Sports Pro (Snakeskin model). This is a very responsive trike. I use it when I do group rides. Mine is set up with bar-end shifting and I have a rear fender and a rear rack.

Woody
Woody

UNREAD_POSTby aRoudy1 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Well, I'm nearly an owner--Kelli just informed me that my Sport Elite will ship tomorrow, so by next Monday I should be riding.
aRoudy1

UNREAD_POSTby kerusso on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Trebuchet F2K wrote:I purchased my Snakeskin Sport model this August. I chose the base version of the Sport, but opted to add the Elite version's Snakeskin alloy rims with Schwalbe Marathon tires.

When I went to test some of the models, my dealer had one of these hanging on the wall (they are waiting for the customer to pay off the balance). It was striking in its appearance with the snakeskin finish, and I loved the snake on the seat! Congratulations on getting a trike that is so distinctive!

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive...hopefully within a week! :D
kerusso

Return to Sport