NEW FORCE OUT THERE

edited November 2011 in Rover
I had posted on the STLbents forum that we were going to ride some of the MCT trails and stop at the Donut Palace for an apple fritter, can't pass that up, can we? Marian took me up on the invite, so we met for the first time yesterday. We had a fun time riding our Rover 8's. She is going to be very good and strong rider shortly. She showed up with only 50 miles on her Rover and went home with 80 miles. You Go Girl.
The Rover 8 is awesome, what a great gearing for riding trails. The MCT trails are rails to trails about 100 miles in all at this time, they interconnect with each other, you can go out one way and come back another. The wind got a little stiff toward the end but the gearing on the Rover 8 made it an non-issue. This trike is AWESOME!!!!!
Found out that I do not have enough storage on the trike so a trunk rack and a trunk and my panniers will be going on soon. With the cold weather coming have to have some place to put the clothes when I heat up.
As for as a jacket you should see Marian's jacket, WOW what a super bright yellow, it glows in the sunlight. Its so cool.
I think I will be putting on the high pressure tires as an upgrade. Help this ole biken ggggeeezzzeeeerrrrr on the trail. This trike is so easy to ride. Its going to be easy to maintain a good speed with this machine.
No riding here today, RAIN, darn the luck, but the weekend is suppose to be good.
Back to the MCT next Wed. an of course over to the Donut Palace for an apple fritter.
Good riding.
Bill

Comments

• Apple Fritters? Those are Chonk's favorite!
    Christy Yonker
    Sales / Customer Service
    TerraTrike
  • I chickened out this week. The wind was a greater factor than an apple fritter. At least one semi blew over, and there were 35+ mph gusts.

I did just try to take my dog for a walk on my Rover 8. I was overdressed, and we hadn't practised but it was pretty good. She is part whippet so loves to run. I thought of some ways to tweak the set-up for better control of her. We just went around the block clockwise with her always on the yard side. Luckily I only have one block of busy street, and I rode on the sidewalk. I did pull over when a fellow biker came up the other way. It is so easy to pull over and let others pass on a trike.

I need to figure out easier ways to get ready to ride so we can go more quickly without it being such a production.

Happy triking,
    Marian
    Rover 8
    Marian

Rover 8 with 24T chain ring and shorter crankset
    Walky Dog - Checkers - whippet mix
    Bike Tow Leash - Cleo - boxer/English bulldog mix
    Puprunner http://www.puprunners.com/index.html

Be yourself; everyone else is taken.
  • I don't blame you for not riding on Wednesday. The wind was CRAZY. I had to do some running around after work and the wind was trying to shove my little Subaru off the road.
  • I rode 34 miles in the country on Saturday afternoon, including a several mile stint into the headwind. I wouldn't have done it on anything but a trike, and I still got plenty tired! (But it was worth it!)
  • Connie and I rode today about 7 miles on the MCT trails. The wind was strong and tiring. It was a gorgeous day anyway, and we have fun. She just got her trike so we are still taking it easy. I can ride on Wednesday but she cannot if anyone is going this week.

Marian
    Rover 8
    Marian

• Yes Rick and I will be at the Collinsville trailhead @ 9:00 AM, then over for the fritter then explore.
    Bill
  • You guys are making me hungry~! Which is worse (or better)? Your trails with apple fritters, or my towpath with ice cream? The Ohio & Erie towpath is a rails-to-trails that goes from Bolivar,OH (in the south) to Cleveland, OH (in the north), and currently only has two spots that you have to hit roads for a mile or three. It is mostly unpaved, with crushed limestone as the primary surface. it also goes through about 20 miles of National forest too. Most of the towpath is shaded during the summer which helps with the heat here.
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Peter,

I'll let you know next summer when I stop to ride with you on my way to Maine to ride in the New England Parkinson's Ride in Old Orchard Beach Maine. It will be about late August. The ride is Sept 8 if I remember correctly. My sister and her family rode in it last summer. They went 30 miles and plan to go fifty next year but I will only commit to 10 miles so far.
    Marian

• YES~! Anyone willing to ride slowly is welcome to drag me out with them when in my area :) The towpath, Holmes County Trail, the Bike & Hike path, we have a number of choices available around here. Plus, come warmer weather, I will travel a bit (depending on gas $$) to ride with others as well. The few times I have ridden with others has been quite fun, and I want to as often as possible...
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---