Boom Spacers

edited March 2012 in Legacy Products
I have a 3.5 with an 18" boom and I'm 6'2" with long legs. I've been riding with the seat as far back as I can get it, and
it's a real comfortable position for me, but it gets a little scary at higher speeds with all my weight (260) in the back. :shock: I'd like to move the seat up about two inches or so and get a little closer to the cross member but still be laid back, but it'll kill my knees if I don't lengthen the boom. It was originally set up for a 45 x-seam, but I'm actually more like a 47 or 48. What is the biggest boom spacer I can safely use? I would like to go 2 inches at least.

Also, how many extra links would I have to add to the chain? I'm assuming two links for every inch the boom is lengthened?

• What type of trike do you have? With the Cruiser/Tour you can safely use one 1" boom spacer. You'll need 5 extra links of chain.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • It's a TT 3.5, hopefully an extra inch will help, shorter cranks might help too. I think I might be better off buying a new chain rather than adding links to one with 5,000+ miles on it. Thanks Kelli :D