edited July 2013 in Rover
Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I posted here. Same on me. I wimped out this past winter and didn't ride, AGAIN SHAME ON ME.
I am now riding a lot. Got the legs back. The Rover 8 and I go out for a least 2 hours. Don't know how far I ride because the bike computer is broke. Waiting for the son in law to finish making a bracket for the new computer. He is donig it because of my poor vision. I have Macular Degeneration. Can't see the stuff up claose. He is making a bracket out of aluminum to mount the new computer on. The new computer will probably be mount inthe area where the boom goes into the main frame tube. So I can see it. My new computer is the Garmin Edge 510. Does just about everything but pass the drimk bottle. After that is set up I will know a lot about my riding. I am really looking forward to it. Also, he is making a new drink bottle bracket. I will now have two bottles on the fornt of the boom. Kinnda like baunkbed style. So then I will have four bottle cages on the trike. Plus I can carrry a Camelback water bag on top of the trunk. Lots of water needed for those very long rides. Had to replace the orginal calipers on the trike, just about completely destroyed the orginals trying to stop the load. Went with a larger caliper with larger pads, Now very good braking. Found out that hte toe in was really set bad, WAY TO MUCH TOE IN. Didn't see it till working on the brackets. Cost me a set of tires, One of the problems with the vision. Now the toe in is set right and this trike has gone from a good ride to a AWESOME RIDE!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!! I now run the Scwalbe Marathon high performance high pressure tires, got them from TT. I run them at 100psi. Makes for a rougher ride, but the performance is just great. I will give up ride anyday for the increase in performance.
Once the brackets of done and installed I will take some photos and when I learn how to post them here, I will post my ride.
You all tae care. Have good rides, Get out there.posting.php?mode=post&f=29#

• Welcome back.

I agree with you on the Marathons.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky