2006 TT3.6 - frame cracking at the weld

edited October 2009 in General Discussions
My TT3.6 has only seen light use : short rides through the local neighborhoods and city paths. I just replaced the tires and while on a short test ride, I looked down and was surprised to see that the frame is cracking at the weld. Has anyone else seen this? I bought this on the reputation that they were "built like tanks." This is pretty disappointing.

I've uploaded some cracked frame photos to Google Picasa:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?u ... feat=email

• Wow. May I ask your weight (rider plus gear)? Has anyone else ridden this trike besides yourself?
  • Currently I'm ~175lbs but have been below 180lbs for the last 6 or 7 years. The bike doesn't have much gear on it at all: rear rack with panniers that have very little gear for emergencies, water bottle, cable lock. No one else rides it other than my wife (with seat fully moved up!) who is much lighter than I am. She also takes the dog out at times but these are very short trips.
  • We have been notified of a very limited number of similar frame failures in the early 3.6 models. The frame manufacturing has since been altered, with no known issues.

We are handling these warranty issues on a case-by-case basis. Please email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@terratrike.com">sales@terratrike.com</a><!-- e --> with any questions!
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator