Best Way to convert path3 to path8??

edited April 2011 in Legacy Products
I bought a path 3 speed, but live in flat Florida and need more gear. Please, what is the best, read least expensive, way to convert to the 8 speed. Thanks.

• To convert the 3 speed Path into an 8 speed Path you need to purchase the 8speed rear wheel with the shifter. The wheel/shifter set costs $300, plus shipping.

NOTE: The low, hill-climbing gear in the 8speed is a bit higher than the 3speed's low - if you care to maintain that lower gear range with your Path8 you need to purchase a smaller chainring for the front, we suggest a 32t. The 32t chainring is a $35 option.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
  • Hi,

How can I order such a kit? I can't seem to find it in the products section...

• You can call the on the phone and order it.
  • Hi,

Love my Path. I have the 8-speed alfine hub and a 46T front gear installed. I also have a spare 32T gear in my tool box. Is there a "master link" available for the big chain on the Path so that I could temporarily remove 14 links and use the 32T front gear for a lower gear range sometimes?

Mike Ledbetter
  • Does it have a single speed chain? If so, there are no master links for that chain. There is a little pin that you can take out and put in that allows you to add or remove links.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • It's a pc-1 chain. Are master links unavailable for this chain?
  • Master links are available, but they don't fit through the chain tube. You will need a chain tool or take it to a bike shop.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks, but my Path has no chain tube and all the pics I see on the internet don't have chain tubes, so I gues I'll try a master link.