edited March 2010 in General Discussions
I would like to upgrade to the Deluxe 10 Tooth Idler or the 13 tooth idler and possibly the 26" rear wheel but I have a few questions.

What is the advantage to the 13 over the 10?

When you purchase an idler for $19.95 or $24.95 is that a set of four for the entire trike or do I have to buy 4 of them?

In your opinion what are the advantages to the 26" rear wheel? Disadvantages?

Thanks to all of you for your help,

• The 10t and 13t idlers are both more durable than the standard idlers, and will therefore last longer. The larger 13t idlers will greatly muffle the drivetrain noise.

The prices are per idler. Each trike has 2 sets of 2, so 4 idlers total. Each set does have to contain the same size idlers, but the sets can be different from each other. If you want to spend less on your idler upgrade, you can get 2 13t idlers for the front set, which is where most of the noise and wear comes from. *If upgrading to 13t idlers, please make note that you are upgrading on your order/with your sales person.

26" wheel advantages: higher gearing (giving your the opportunity to go faster) and aesthetics.
    26" wheel disadvantages: 2 sizes of wheels (you will need 2 sizes of spare tubes) and it cuts out the lower gears (a problem if you are climbing long, steep hills/mountains).
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator