Shipping Updates

edited June 2010 in Rover
Jess, I know this may be an area that TerraTrike may not want to be committed to but, I have a Rover (8) on order with Recumbent Bike Riders in State College, PA and you can ubderstand that I would like to be kept uptodated on expected shipmenting dates.
Would you mind posting the latest news (and\or rumors) as to when TerraTrike expects to be shipping to dealers?
Thank you
Tombent - My Rover

Comments

• We will be shipping Rovers to the TerraTrike dealers as soon as we receive them. The plan is to get them sometime in May - which means I'm not expecting them before the 31st. If they arrive earlier, it will be a nice surprise :) If there are any delays, that will be a bummer - but we're doing everything we can to get them here as soon as possible and we'll keep you updated.

Our website will let you know the day they arrive!
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • The biggest unknown factor is customs.
    Sometimes the shipment breezes right through, sometimes it can sit for weeks.

We will keep everyone posted here as soon as we hear anything.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Thanks Jeff....Can't wait
    Tombent - My Rover
  • do you have an idea when the rovers might be shipping now?
  • Will we get our Rovers in time to submit something for the film festival?
  • I have a Rover on order with Recumbent Bike Riders in State College, PA but I don't think I am going to have my Rover by this:

Annual RBR Recumbent Bike and Trike Rally June 11-13, 2010

http://www.rbr.info/community/rbr-rally.html

Oh well anything forth it - is worth the wait. Right?
    Tombent - My Rover
  • Yeah. I am quite sad to note they have been pushed to June. I was looking forward to finally riding again this summer. Hopefully, they will not be pushed out again. My options are very limited and this is the only trike model that fits my requirements.
  • I read this on Easy Street News http://www.easystreetrecumbents.com/articles/2010/05/easy-street-news-late-may-2010/
    Breaking news! The much ballyhooed TerraTrike Rover is still not available! They will come toddling in after mid-June, a month later than originally expected. It seems the paint job on the first batch wasn’t up to what TT what expecting so they are having them re-done.

Nice to see TT is not compromising on quality, but it would be nice to be kept up to date on delivery progress by TT.
  • First production run of Rovers are due in mid-June. We did have some quality control issues that we needed to take care of so that our product can be held up to your highest standards. If you have a question regarding your particular order, feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Summer will be over before I get a rover. Grrrr!
  • UPDATE!

Just got a call that the first shipment of Rovers will be here tomorrow (Thursday) at 9:00am.
    We are planning on trying to get the bulk of them shipped out same day, but it might take a couple to get them all built.

AND

Our second shipment has just sold out as of yesterday - those are scheduled to be here the beginning of July.

Watch the site for pictures tomorrow.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Fantastic Jeff. It's raining here in the Mid-Atlantic the rest of the week.
    But, I'll even ride in the rain. Can't wait. :D :D
    Lynn - TOMbent
    Tombent - My Rover
  • This is GREAT news. Sounds like with shipping I should see it some time next week then. Lets hope for less rain there in Ontario, but like Lynn I don't think a little water is going to stop me.

I will post some pics as soon as my Rover shows.

Tizzy.
  • VA3TNG de KB3FN - lynn - Tombent
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:KB3FN@arrl.net">KB3FN@arrl.net</a><!-- e -->
    Tombent - My Rover
  • Do you know what the carrier's instructions are if there is no-one home at delivery? Will there be any notification prior to an attempted delivery?
  • Congratulations to all who should be getting their Rover soon. I've been following TT for about a year now, and that Rover looks like one I can get in and out of.

--
    Moe
  • They are here!

Check it out: http://www.terratrike.com/news.php#2010-06-10
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Update... :) ... if Fairfield Cyclery gets all the 8-speed Rovers they ordered, we should be picking one up Saturday (some are already pre-sold/paid for, as is ours). Keepin' our fingers crossed!

Edit: Update 2 ... My wife wants one also. :D
  • Dear TerraTrike Dudes and Dudettes,

We love you. Never doubt that.

But it is getting hard to wait, while watching my wife's Tour glide merrily along the trail as I follow along on 2 vastly inferior wheels. I hope, I dream, I wait for the phone to ring.

Nuttin'. Dang.

Now, I must keep the faith until JULY? No trike to celebrate my independence on the 4th?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Sorry. I mean, *sigh* Ok.

We love you. And we are waiting... patiently... sort of... :D