Thumb shifters?

edited June 2010 in General Discussions
I have a cruiser with twist shifters, and not only do they hurt my wrists, the number display is worthless. Are thumb shifters the answer? And, or is there some kind of elevation I can do to get the grips higher? I realize this could mean major recabling. Also, does the brand and model of the front and rear derailleurs matter when buying a thumb shifter? Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• You can definitely upgrade to thumb shifters. Give us a call to put in an order. 800.945.9910
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Put in an order? 3 weeks after my post? You're joking, right? Got answers and my shifters from Utah Trikes, the very next day. It's called "customer service." Look into it.
  • Sorry! The day I replied was the first day I got on the boards as a registered user. Glad you got what you needed.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Not blaming you, Kelli. Resources and priorities (and lack thereof) for Customer Service fall squarely in management's lap :roll: . If the discussion board is mainly for end users to talk to each other (like Apple's) so be it. Utah Trikes even has a live chat feature which I love. So I ask them all my TerraTrike questions! Good luck, and hope I didn't make your first day unpleasant!