Why Couldn't a Rover Be Foldable?

It would only take cutting the beam, welding on a hinge and a clamp to secure the boom together while riding. A better option might be a sleeve that would slide in place over both parts of the boom and bolted in place.

I was thinking about this because I'm considering a new car. It either has to hold my Rover in the back or have a receiver hitch for my Alpaca Carrier. Most vehicles that offer this get terrible gas mileage. A foldable Rover would fit in a smaller SUV. No, a Traveler is not an option because of it's weight limit.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Cause you can dismantle it?

¬ ITL
  • I wonder how long it takes her to put it back together again and adjust it?
  • What's there to adjust? Put it back together and ride away.

¬ ITL
  • My wife and I own a Traveler (hers) and a Rover (mine) and two Toyota Prius's. Her Prius is a 2006 model (standard size compact hatchback. Either trike will fit in her Prius with the back seats flat and the rear wheel in first then dropped between the rear seat headrests and the behind and below the center console. My Prius is the Prius V (referred to as a station wagon), the largest of the Prius family, yet still only a so called midsize vehicle. Both trikes will fit the Prius V at the same time - hers folded, and mine totally assembled! And for the record, YouTube has a TerraTrike Rover My wife and I own a Traveler (hers) and a Rover (mine) and two Toyota Prius's. Her Prius is a 2006 model (standard size compact hatchback. Either trike will fit in her Prius with the back seats flat and the rear wheel in first then dropped between the rear seat headrests and the behind and below the center console. My Prius is the Prius V (referred to as a station wagon), the largest of the Prius family, yet still only a so called midsize vehicle. Both trikes will fit the Prius V at the same time - hers folded, and mine totally assembled! And for the record, YouTube has a TerraTrike Rover disassembly and reassembly video claiming the process takes less than 20 minutes once you have down it a couple of times.
  • Put 24" wheels on them and bet they won't fit anymore!
  • That's what quick-release wheels are made for... ;)