Cam location

I have a simple GoPro that I want to use on our trip. I sent for a chest harness that will reduce for a helmet as well. Those who have shot video
while riding, where might I place cam
that would result in the smoothest recording?

Comments

• Helmet, Versa bar in forward-most position.
    Boom could bounce the video up & down due to pedaling.

¬ ITL
  • Up high so your feet are not in the video.
  • May have to try it on the old helmet today if the rain passes. New helmet doesn't seem to have a flat area large enough for a base for the GoPro. Still hoping that harness arrives in time.
  • GoPro is waterproof to a degree. Seen some el cheapo mounts at Walmart's bicycle section that have camera mounts. All you would need then is a camera base for the GoPro. Get the three pack that has a mini & small camera thread mount and a portable tripod.

¬ ITL
  • www.rammount.com has a multitude of parts for mounting virtually anything.
  • FINN58 wrote: »
    I have a simple GoPro that I want to use on our trip. I sent for a chest harness that will reduce for a helmet as well. Those who have shot video
    while riding, where might I place cam
    that would result in the smoothest recording?
    I mounted mine on the boom. Go pro records a super smooth video.
  • I went 8 miles tonight and recorded the trip. W-I-d-e angle. Put a close by doe
    way far away, almost couldn't see it. Had cam on my old helmet. Still make out shooz on peddles. About 1 hour total time used up 2/3 battery life on
    GoPro. Plus what recorded today was
    dated 2014 in the listing. Hmmm.
  • I have a RAM mount on the derailleur post and another on on my neck rest, give me a couple of options on recording a ride.
  • My GoPro is a Hero+ waay back in the caveman days. It has a float glued
    to the back. It won't fold up close when I put it on a head harness I
    got from eBay. It's so ancient that I can't find a simple back for it. I have a
    1/4-20 bolt to mount it to the top of the helmet as a last resort.