Hot Foot

As the outdoor temperature lowers my feet no longer get hot. Now I know there is a true condition that is caused by pedal pressure on the foot but I also wonder if some of the situations are caused by nothing more then high air temp and feet that swell in tight black shoes ?

Comments

• I have two-sided pedals. SPD on one side, small platform on the other. Tooling around town, sometimes I don't use the SPD - and I position my shoe so that the pedal is in the middle of my foot arch. Hmmm . . . never any hot foot like that.

I'm considering having my spd shoes re-made into center arch clips (there's a guy on FB that does it for you, including re-molding the bottom, etc).

I've never had temp make a difference, including riding all last winter.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    I have two-sided pedals. SPD on one side, small platform on the other. Tooling around town, sometimes I don't use the SPD - and I position my shoe so that the pedal is in the middle of my foot arch. Hmmm . . . never any hot foot like that.

I'm considering having my spd shoes re-made into center arch clips (there's a guy on FB that does it for you, including re-molding the bottom, etc).

I've never had temp make a difference, including riding all last winter.

I'm thinking about going to mid arch also, not for afoot issue but for what appears to be more drive on the pedal stroke. Actually I'm considering three significant changes, arch clips, wheels covers and oval rings.
  • Let me know where you find the wheel covers! I'm not yet sold on the idea of oval rings, however. Let us know how they work for you if you get them.
  • I get numbness in my toes when I have the ball of my feet on the pedals. When this happens, I move my feet to the arch on the pedal and the numbness goes away. Pedaling on the arch also somehow cured my plantar fasciitis.

I also try pedaling with my feet at different angles to see which works best. It's definitely a work in process.
  • Have your tried SPD-SL? Thought about going that route, or a wider pedal with an SPD inside.

Wished Specialized would of kept up with the Biopace chainrings. Lack of resources has kept me from trying them.

¬ ITL
  • edited October 2017
    I'm doing the shrink wrap covers. There's a video posted today on F.B. recumbent trike Hope to ride the oval rings indoors this winter.