Tire size

What's the largest tire I can put on the Rover 8? Anyone got pics with large tires?

Comments

• edited October 22
    Do you have fenders? If so, then you are limited to about 2.125"x20" tires. (Unless you buy 3 of the 26" rear kits and take the stays and use them on the front 20" fenders as I did. I used the 26" fender for the rear.)

I have 3"x20" mounted on all three tires on my Rover Nexus-8. The tires I have are Kendal Flame 20". The are just a bit wide for the stock rims, but I've been using them without a problem for about 500-600 miles so far.

1s45j1sdkm5i.png

q6od4h03bv6u.jpg

• second that notion!

following Elriques lead, put flames on the front of the rover. 40 psi max, cushier ride than the big apple plus tires that were on it. bunch more tread for warding off the effects of broken glass or thorns as a bonus.
  • Thank you !!!
  • I have a rambler, would these tires fit That? And do you have to put in bigger tubes To? I am new to this trike modifications and don't know. Thanks, Glenn
  • You can get the tubes designed for the tires. I think they are sold on Amazon. I am still using the regular 2.125" tubes, though.

I should be using wider rims as well. But haven't bitten that bullet either.

Right now, what I have works, so I'm not breaking it... :)
  • I was about to order some Big Apples for my Rover X8 today. Stone paved intersections are shaking me to the bone with the stock tires. I even let some air out, and it does help, but it rides as if I had flat tires. I really hope this setup helps me out.

Then I read Elriques post This morning and ordered the flames right away. I got the tires at bike tires direct for 17 each and sunlite 20 x 3 tubes on amazon at 10 each.

I’ll let you know how this $80 experiment works out as soon as I have them installed.
  • Alternative tires.

I just opened a package from an eBay seller that was fullfilled by Amazon...three Bell BMX tires with Kevlar belts...$9.91each with free shipping This is my third set of these tires. The tread doesn't last too long but they are great in the snow. Also, I have never had a flat with these tires. I only have a rear fender and the tire just clears it.
  • rgfitz5280 wrote: »
    Alternative tires.

I just opened a package from an eBay seller that was fullfilled by Amazon...three Bell BMX tires with Kevlar belts...$9.91each with free shipping This is my third set of these tires. The tread doesn't last too long but they are great in the snow. Also, I have never had a flat with these tires. I only have a rear fender and the tire just clears it.

I should have added that the tires are 20" for a Path that I have had 6-8 years.
  • Well, I installed and test rode the Kenda Flames on my Rover x8. Holy cow it does make a world of difference. I had a friends brand new identical rover with me to ride back to back. All the jarring and shaking from stone paved surfaces are mostly gone. I even tried going up and down some medium curbs. Pedaling effort did increase a little bit. Maybe 1mph on the same effort. The rear tire barely fits. And I did have the chain slightly rubbing on the tire by the derailure arm. I readjusted the chain tube and it’s now working great. I guess we’ll try Big Apples on my friends rover and compare. But I now know swapping tires is a MUST. Nicely done Elrique!