Winter Weather

2»

Comments

• Now a sliding Trike on ice would make for a great Kodak moment. Don’t spill the Kahlua and cream.
  • Many years ago, I took my Catrike out onto a frozen pond. Part of it was cleared and groomed for an ice rink. I rode my trike on the un-groomed part. It was fun to deliberately slide around corners and almost spin out. The children using the ice rink part were cheering me on. Go try it! Gordon
  • I didn’t ice fish last winter because of unsafe ice conditions. Trouble for use is getting Trike out of house and into her van. Little snow here now. Footing is good. Little lake ice. Cold next week here. Usually lake affect snow accompanies Artic air masses. We will
    see...
  • edited January 23
    Gordon_O wrote: »
    Many years ago, I took my Catrike out onto a frozen pond. Part of it was cleared and groomed for an ice rink. I rode my trike on the un-groomed part. It was fun to deliberately slide around corners and almost spin out. The children using the ice rink part were cheering me on. Go try it! Gordon

If not for drivers I'd rather ride on icy roads then snowy roads, snowy ones can still be dangerous thanks to drivers too though.
    I have these though. ckujikk3qcuu.jpg
  • I found out yesterday that our nice paved bike paths here probably have been abuse by the snowmobiles. They can stay on the dirt roads as far as I’m concerned. The first four miles have a wide enough swath cleared that they can ride off road. Afterwards it narrows considerably. Rains the last day or so. Snowing now. But not enough of a base for even skinny skiing. Bring on spring! :#
  • I used to have things that strapped on the bottom of my shoes with studs like that. They really helped my not fall on the ice in Virginia. Don't need them in Florida. Yeah!

I've been able to ride three times this year and it looks like we are finally back to a normal weather pattern of highs in the 60s every day. The dog and I ride only 3.5 miles each time but I feel much better afterwards. Hey, it's exercise!
  • Who's crazy idea was it to send rain and 40 degrees to Florida? It's greatly affecting my ability to ride and my knees are killing me. We may get a hard freeze tonight which will destroy the camillias I planted a few weeks ago.

I moved away from winter for a reason. Don't bring it down here!

That was me...Sorry, but we Iowans are the sharing, caring type.LOL! Whenever the in-laws go south, we get the warmth and Florida gets a cold spell.
  • I understand!
  • Woo-hoo! Mid 50's here today, that is short sleeve weather, LOL!