Difference between the Rambler and the Rambler AT?

What is the difference between the Rambler and the Rambler AT? Just the wheels?

Comments

• Tires, gearing, color, graphics, clearance

bentrideronline.com/?p=11323
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • The Rambler AT has a different seat with padded sides and a zippered pocket for small items. The seat mount is in a fixed position not as much adjustment as a Rambler. I just moved from a Rambler to the AT and miss the extra seat adjustment of the Rambler, I'm 6'4". The Rambler At is a blast with the 24" wheels, easier to get in and out of also. I had it out in light snow once a few weeks ago but the weather turned bitter cold here, I'm done till spring.

When I picked the AT up at the local shop everyone commented about the color scheme, looks really nice in the flesh. The AT gear range is a little lower and only has 20 speeds. I have never found the need for more anymore gears. I'm very happy with my decision to move to the Rambler AT.
  • New to Trikes. Had some injuries so I need the third wheel. I am 6'2" & 225 LB and have some difficulty sitting down. So looking for a Recumbent with a high seat. I can not find the seat height of the Rambler AT online. Does anyone know? I am thinking it should be higher than the standard Rambler since it has the larger 24" tires.

Also be interested if there are any trike riders living around Chattanooga.
  • Go to http://www.trikegroups.com, create an account, then look at the member map. I see 4 in the Chattanooga area. You can contact them through this website.
  • BillHurst wrote: »
    New to Trikes. Had some injuries so I need the third wheel. I am 6'2" & 225 LB and have some difficulty sitting down. So looking for a Recumbent with a high seat. I can not find the seat height of the Rambler AT online. Does anyone know? I am thinking it should be higher than the standard Rambler since it has the larger 24" tires.

Also be interested if there are any trike riders living around Chattanooga.

The measurment of my RAT seat height is about 18.5"
  • Stopped in The Villages where they had a Rambler and Rambler on diplay. Looks like the difference between sa half ton and a Mack truck. Sits high. At tires. HD rims, granny gear frt rings.. 41T rear 10sp cassette. Versa bars. Look and feel completely diff from Stan Ram ler. Quite impressive
  • edited January 7
    An expansion on previous posting

That was a Rambler and a RamblerAT. Today stopped at their main store in LadyLake, The Villages. They have an extensive stock of both TerraTrike and Catrike models there and were very friendly accommodating folks even knowing I am not currently in the market for a new trike.

Gave the Catrike Dumont a cursory look and sat it it to see how I fit as well as see how the suspension system is put together. I could get out of it w/o assist but just barely. Would need versa bars to even consider.

More interested in their TT GranTourisimo. They had one on floor just assembled but not finely tuned. They offered to let me try out in their parking lot. It had a chain gobbler so adjusting it to my long legs was duck soup. Rolled it around the lot for quite a while and it is definitely very smooth and solid. Interestingly it felt much more like my Rover than the Rambler AT I sat on yesterday. It was relatively easy for me to get in and out of. Versa bars would help. To me it "felt' more stable than the Rambler AT probably because of lower seat height. Wish I'd had the time to take it out on a trail. Really enjoyed.

I wonder how the boom would handle the torque of a Bafang BBSO2 as it is only a clamp that keeps the boom from rotating. Someone with experience mounting similar unit on a round boom could better answer that.

Village Cycles in The Villages,Fl is a great dealer with a great choice of inventory and very open about their e-assist experience. They have installed many Bionix systems on trikes and bikes and like them. Most of the terrain here is relatively flat so doesn't. really say how Bionix will handle the hills. Glad I took the time to stop at both their stores. Great folks
  • Thanks for the quick response and information. Just what I wanted to know.