Online parts catalog

Is there anyone else out there who would like to see TT put all their available parts/repair parts on-line?
I think, in today's age, a 24/7 economy, as we are told, TT could really benefit from this.
I know that trying to remember to call during business hours, from another time zone sometimes, can be really hard.
Kinda frustrating when you find something wore out in the wee hours, and have to waste time looking through forumns to find an answer about a part when it would be much easier for TT to have an online catalog with more than just a few accessories and such.
How about it Terra Trike? Got anything in the works?
You have some good stuff, let's see the next level.

Comments

• Great idea! I just called TT looking for front wheel bearings or part #. Now I'll have to wait until Monday. If TT is not interested in selling parts direct an on catalog with part numbers and specs would be greatly appreciated.
  • There are parts. I ordered the steering bushings from TT last summer. How extensive is the parts choice??? Some
    one will chime in here soon on how to bring listing up.
  • Finn, that's the thing, I would think it would add greatly to TT's bottom line. I, myself, fall into the having to wait til Monday thing, and then I forgets to call......so a simple thing takes far longer to take care of. Some tell me, "that's too many irons in the fire" but such is my life right now.
    I know that the repair parts business is huge in all other industry, online sales is the tool.
    Just read/researched "the finer recliner" great story, great product, great way of doing business. A pleasant surprise, really.
  • Guessing T.T. has figured out a full parts catalog online, parts in inventory and someone to manage the catalog, maintain inventory and pull and ship parts isn't profitable.
  • shop.terratrike.com shows a few items.
  • TCEd wrote: »
    Guessing T.T. has figured out a full parts catalog online, parts in inventory and someone to manage the catalog, maintain inventory and pull and ship parts isn't profitable.
    Not profitable?
    Seems that with todays drop ship capabilities, web design/hosting abilities, etc., that it should be looked at. After all, if a sale could be completed in seconds via computer vs minutes on the phone....and they still have to ship the parts.
    Parts/material lists are easy enough to take from exploded parts diagrams/drawings of the trikes themselves when designed.
    Simple assembly diagram with #'s referenced to a table with part # and pricing, pretty simple.
    They already have an online ordering system for the simple stuff like accessories.
    Hopefully, TT will give us an answer.
  • romeo52 wrote: »
    Great idea! I just called TT looking for front wheel bearings or part #. Now I'll have to wait until Monday. If TT is not interested in selling parts direct an on catalog with part numbers and specs would be greatly appreciated.

The bearings will have a number on the rubber seal. Not sure which yours are exactly but I might bet they are the same as on my RAT. For example the RAT front wheel bearings are a #6804 {IF I remember correctly}. Those are available online almost anywhere, and from any bearing supply house. Depending where you live you might be able to get them today. The physical dimensions for a particular bearing are the same for a particular number; regardless of bearing brand. I.E. a # 68004 is the same all over the world. Pull a wheel off and look at the rubber seal for the number on it. Best wishes.
  • edited January 13
    Yup, bearings are easily identified.
  • Even Trek one of the larger bike manufacturers doesn't have a online parts store, Cat Trike doesn't, Ice doesn't.
    Yes they sell some accessories on line but not the hardware parts that make up a bike or trike.
  • Missed opportunities.....
  • @Finn59 do you have a link to those steering bushings? I want to replace mine before my spring riding starts
  • It's in the works.
    Exploded views with part numbers. Prolly not a "catalog" per se. Some of these parts change from vendor to shipment. But at least you'll have a part number to order from.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • I'll have my crow sauteed with morel mushrooms.
  • Seat bushings 4.95 each. 4 needed. Here’s a foto. Then scroll down to parts
  • edited January 15
    romeo52 wrote: »
    Great idea! I just called TT looking for front wheel bearings or part #. Now I'll have to wait until Monday. If TT is not interested in selling parts direct an on catalog with part numbers and specs would be greatly appreciated.

Were you able to find/get your front wheel bearings? If you lived nearby I'd be glad to show you how to replace them. Got a full shop and it's my pleasure to teach people; as I was taught by many. Just "passing it on".
  • Wow, what a great idea, have a trike "workshop" day and invite other trikers to come and teach/learn/share. Where do you live Ironman1518?
  • Wow, what a great idea, have a trike "workshop" day and invite other trikers to come and teach/learn/share. Where do you live Ironman1518?

Central Southern New Mexico; Las Cruces. I have helped many a motorcyclist (I raced them for 11 years long ago); and many a cyclist.
  • I might have to look you up in a month or two. My wife and I plan to visit friends in Las Cruces when we travel this winter. I'm hoping we can take our two folding trikes with us. Maybe we can ride together?
  • Definitely!! Just let me know when you are here?
  • Chonk, I am glad to hear that. Sometimes I am accused of being in my own little world, but I knew I couldn't be the only one.
  • I'm going to check TT University for video on changing the Rover steering bushings.
  • Easy enough to change, but some newer ones apparently require reamer after installing in cruciform. I have 17,000+ km on mine and still can not detect significant wear with calipers. BUT very important to grease them regularly -twice yearly- and adjust TOP BOLT/CAP properly!... NOT TOO TIGHT!
  • I had some wet/dry paper around so I used that.
    A couple gave me trouble. It streered like a new Trike
    when finished. Good luck.
  • There were some posts last summer
    about bushings. A lot of info there.
  • Page 9 scroll down has some info on tight steering. Enjoy.
  • easy to drift out the bushings with a wooden dowel and light hammer taps.

if you cant hand-insert the new ones, draw them in with threaded rod, big washers and nuts. double washers, grease in-between, will help avoid rotating the bushings while drawing them in. clean and grease the tubes prior to insertion.