Hey Squirrelpie0

Are you a member of the Terra Trike Facebook account? Did you see the couple from Canada who posted they are riding in PCB? You could have someone to ride with. The weather has been so good, the dog and I have been able to get out almost every other day. Let's hope it continues through the rest of the winter!

Comments

• There really are times that people in Florida should be disallowed from speaking, lest one of us who are snowbound and freezing our nether regions become violent from jealousy! ;-)
  • Took the photo. See them most days. 20 mph wo eassist today but tailwind. L5 assist 200 watt against it. Only other trikes spotted this year two Sun deltas. Doing 50 km daily
  • Took the photo. See them most days. 20 mph wo eassist today but tailwind. L5 assist 200 watt against it. Only other trikes spotted this year two Sun deltas. Doing 50 km daily

20 mph peak or sustained ?
  • Polar Vortex.
  • We road yesterday and I knew there was a 15 mph wind but we went anyway. It was from the northwest and very cold. That explains why the temps drop 10 degrees today. It will be back in the 60s in a few days.

All you northerners are free to come visit our state anytime you want! Better yet, I am reading good things about Gulf Shores AL. I understand they have a state park with tons of riding trails. I haven't gotten over there yet but plan to go in warmer weather. There's also a great outlet mall in Foley AL and a restaurant called Lamberts, Home of the Throwed Rolls. They sell homemade southern food that is delicious. Just don't fill up on the free rolls and sorgum before your meal arrives!
  • TCEd wrote: »
    Took the photo. See them most days. 20 mph wo eassist today but tailwind. L5 assist 200 watt against it. Only other trikes spotted this year two Sun deltas. Doing 50 km daily

20 mph peak or sustained ?

The 20 mph was a my speed over about one mile stretch coming down the bike path along SR 79. I never run that fast on any surface.... I cant. Normally my top cruising speed is 25 kph= 15 mph. I just find faster bumpy and not pleasant. Normal cruising speed is 20 kph on these paths in PCB. It was just such a strong north wind howling down the tunnel of pine trees and a hot sausage biscuit waiting at Burger King that got me into overdrive.

Returning N in L5 drawing 200+w only got me up to 20 kph and I was working... hard! So much for the sausage biscuit.

PS. managed to snag 6 rolls at Lambert's three years and 30 pounds back