I'm trying to get an idea of approximately how much more it's going to cost me?

I recently bought an internal gear hub with it's shifter. I am going to have to have somebody else build the wheel, and purchase a rim, spokes, tire, tube. Now I know it's all according to which part I choose but I am just talking about a general Ball Park figure.
Thank you so much

Comments

• hub +
    labor $60
    rim $30
    spokes, nipples $33
    tire, tube $50
  • Thank you so much, it really helps. Now I know to save $250.00 before taking it to him. Taxes and labor for installation will eat up the rest. I have already bought the cassette, chain, derailer, hub and shifter. Money, money and more money – :'( .
  • It's amazing how much additional money is spent on a activity once the core item is purchased.
  • It will be well worth the money! You want to make certain the wheel is balanced to get a smooth ride.
  • Buy a boat. There goes your money down the whirlpool. Kayak’s are much better.
  • Finn59 wrote: »
    Buy a boat. There goes your money down the whirlpool. Kayak’s are much better.

We have tried boats but they spent more time in shop than on water. have always had kayaks. God I love the simple things! That’s why we bought Rover x8. Just simple & something my hubby can repair if needed, still can’t let go of my Trek Mountain Bike though.