Seat Wedge

What do y’all think of the seat wedge?

Comments

• I went back to the dealer and bought one for Vicki. She needed it. It keeps you back against the seat. We both use Roho air cushions on top of seats now. Softens the ride.
  • Did anyone add a strap to a seat cushion or the seat wedge? Mine didn't come with one but I'm thinking about add it. The seat cushion tends to move during the ride.
  • She wants her seat more upright now. I’m sure the wedge will help keep her back.
  • edited July 12
    Had lost a seat wedge when the first strap buckle gave way last summer. Ever since then had used a shoe string looped though the first strap buckle, several loops in fact, to keep the strap buckle from coming undone again.

Never had an issue with that strap until I used the seat wedge for about a week. Did like the fit as it make the lower end more like a bucket seat.

Have been wanting to acquire metal buckles to replace these cheap plastic/nylon things. Plastic/nylon has too many issues with desert-like heat & cold.

The purpose for getting a seat wedge was to keep the seat's end bars from poking the back of my thighs. Although it did well the first few days, it soon became apparent that this was not going to do the trick.
    Then @Jrobiso2 recommended this seat cushion, and for the first time I've not had issues with the seat bars poking the thighs! RELIEF!!

https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Foam-Seat-Cushion-Chair/dp/B076CH5887/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1531420232&sr=8-3&keywords=perfect+posture+seat+cushion
  • I was wondering if it moved around. I was thinking maybe Velcro strips. I used the velc
  • edited July 12
    It slips under the top layer of the seat mesh, in between that and the straps/underside.
    Note however, if the first strap should come undone for whatever reason the wedge would be lost.

Some have also used a wedge at the top of the seat too. Unsure of how much cushioning that would give up there.
  • We used industrial Velcro 2” wide. & velcroed our seat wedges to our seat, so far so good!
  • If you don't use the seat wedge, does the velcro irritate your legs?
  • We used industrial Velcro 2” wide. & velcroed our seat wedges to our seat, so far so good!

I would appreciate a picture, please?
  • Has anyone used the wedge with the "Seat Foam"? If so, did you place the wedge on top or underneath the seat foam, please? Thank You!
  • On top. Seems to work it’s way back. We use a Roho air cushion on top of the two foampads inside of seat. We don’t feel the wedge if it has moved.
  • Underneath the foam. Makes a smoother transition.
  • If you don't use the seat wedge, does the velcro irritate your legs?

No don’t even know the Velcro is there. I’ll take a pic tomorrow to show you! Had a good ride today & no problems