Seat crack!

1eu5mwgob4kv.jpeg is this covered under the warranty?

Comments

• Part of seat frame, lifetime warranty.
  • edited August 2017
    Looks like a sheared bolt. Call TT. You might need a case hardened bolt. /GDR

¬ ITL
  • It's not the bolt. It the tab the bolt goes into. Those are probably cast at a factory. Unless a new one can be welded onto the seat frame, you will need a new frame.

What trike is that? The seat connection on the Rover is quite different. I will be sure to look for cracks in the seat connectors in the future.
  • Looks like a sheared bolt. Call TT. You might need a case hardened bolt. /GDR

Not a bolt problem, frame is cracked.
  • SEAT frame. SEAT frame. Not the trike frame. Ya'll scare me when you say things like "frame is cracked".
    I'm fairly sure that TT will replace that seat frame, no questions asked. Send that pic to taylor@terratrike.com and I'm pretty certain he'll make arrangements to get you a replacement ASAP.
    @Chonk ?
  • edited August 2017
    Looks like a sheared bolt. Call TT. You might need a case hardened bolt. /GDR

Not a bolt problem, frame is cracked.
    Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    SEAT frame. SEAT frame. Not the trike frame. Ya'll scare me when you say things like "frame is cracked".
    I'm fairly sure that TT will replace that seat frame, no questions asked. Send that pic to taylor@terratrike.com and I'm pretty certain he'll make arrangements to get you a replacement ASAP.
    @Chonk ?

We are talking about the seat. The picture is of the seat. The seat frame is cracked. Cheez..........
  • edited August 2017
    Call Taylor at 800-945-9910

On smartphone looked like the bolt was broke in two. Relax, take deep breaths, geez. :P

¬ ITL
  • Got crackers to go with that cheez? ;-)
  • CPTN id you get that problem resolved by Terra Trike? if so what did they do, please?
  • I sent TerraTrike a picture, and they put a new frame in the mail that afternoon! I forgot to order a new seat bolt, but that came a few days later. Pretty good customer service.
  • Awesome service! That's why we buy American!
  • Thank you for the update, GO TT!!
  • That should be. Last year the seat on my Path straight up broke and they replaced it. Only one thing not covered is Labor at you local bike shop
  • Last year while I was riding my Path my seat broke and Terratrike replaced no questions asked just take pictures of it and send it to them. B)