Silver Comet ride

edited October 2013 in Rover
Took a ride with my son-in-law and grandson, what a beautiful day with perfect temps and humidity, I could not have asked for a better day to ride. We rode a total of 32 miles and my old knees are letting me know about it. That is the longest ride I have done on my Rover never going more than 2 or 3 miles around my home in the neighborhood. In all I had a great time and the rover was very comfortable to go that distance. Once again I wish I had stuck with the smaller back wheel and I'm going to read up on proper boom adjustment to see if I need a little more length. Pedal clips I think would help too. It's funny how i'm always wanting something a little bit better! :lol: What a blessed day it was.

• Hi garover2, sounds like you had a great ride, I have not been on the forum for a long time, don't know why, but just remembered to check this morning. Old man brain I guess. I have the 20" rear wheel, Its ok, I find sometimes that I wish I had the 26" rear wheel, but I don't want to give up the hill climbing ability. What I need is some lower gears for where I do most of my riding, here in town. Not steep hills, I stay away from them now, Now just out to have fun. I've done the hills a couple of years ago. So I know I can do them. Still there are some I have to do to do the route I prefer to ride. Like you said the Rover is very comfortable to ride for 30 plus miles. Its a fun ride for sure. I try to ride at least 15 miles everytime I go out, so those 30 plus ride are easier.
    Again glad you had a good ride with the boys, its fun to ride with family.