RIDE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Click here to read his story
If you have ever been jogging, weight lifting, or upright bike riding, you're familiar with how strenuous or painful these activities can be. This is especially true if you're not exactly built like an olympic athlete (we are the real 99%).
So instead of being happy that you're engaging in a healthy lifestyle as you come to the end of a 10 mile ride on an upright bike, lower regions screaming in "saddlesore" agony, you come to dread the experience. With the TerraTrike, your seat is happy because you're reclined in an office-like chair. Your knees are happy because of the low impact, egonomic cycling position. And your soul is happy because you are taking in the wind, the weather, and the wide-open road.
But you don't have to take our word for it. Just ask Cal Olson, who maintains his thinned physique by TerraTrike-ing after undergoing surgery to fight his obesity. Or read through our Facebook commenters celebrating their new healthy selves. Or visit our forum to see the community of support and discussion.
You might also have heard of Jeremy Britt. He was the 2012 winner of NBC's The Biggest Loser reality show. He uses his TerraTrike Rambler to help with his continuing fitness journey. You can catch Jeremy riding the White Pine Trail in West Michigan with his baby daughter in the trailer behind his Rambler.
Did you know:
- Riding a recumbent tricycle is more comfortable therefore you ride and exercise longer
- Add a set of rear wheel rollers and your trike now becomes an indoor trainer
- Riding at a moderate speed (about 12–14 mph) will burn approximately 235 calories per half hour
- The motion of cycling, especially uphil, is a great way to develop muscle and burn fat
- Cycling won't wear out your joints
- Cycling increases your daily calorie burn and you continue to burn calories long after you're done
Height / Weight Restrictions
The TerraTrike Rover is the only tadpole trike in the industry that allow for riders up to 400 pounds and can accomodate riders sized from a child to well over 6' in height. The Rover is also fully adjustable between these sizes using the quick reasese seat and adjustable boom. It truly is one-size-fits-most!