Rock ‘N’ Roll Lube – Gold
Find A DealerCompare
Rock "N" Roll chain lubes are formulated to clean and lube at the same time. As it's applied, the Gold formula goes deep down into the links, trapping dirt and floating it to the surface where you can wipe it off. Rock "N" Roll chain lubes create a protective membrane that keeps new dirt out and the lube inside, where it's needed.
What is going on is this: The formula goes deep down into the chain and traps any dirt. Then, with the chain freewheeling backwards and the formulation trapping the dirt and grit, the dirt and grit float to the surface so you can wipe it all off. This leaves a new and clean application of lube inside the chain where it's needed. By doing this you have created a protective membrane to keep dirt away from the moving parts of the chain for super smooth shifting and pedaling.
The Gold formula is for all bikes, but especially those riders who live in rainy locales.
Here's a few tips for using Rock "N" Roll chain lubes:
- Put the chain on the big ring, in the front, and the small cog, on the back.
- Apply the lube on the chain, over the top of the cog.
- Put a generous flow onto the chain. Remember that you're going to clean and lube at the same time.
- After application, freewheel the chain backwards, and wipe off all of the dirt and grit that has come up to the surface.
- Remember, you can't wipe off the chain too much, so make that chain shine.
- Shift the chain off the big ring, so you can wipe off the chain ring to clean up the little bit of residue left behind.
- For best results, allow your chain to sit a few hours. However, you can ride at once. Allowing the lube a chance to fully set-up gives the lube a bit more life. Remember, to wipe off your chain after riding regardless if you're going to re-lube or not. This keeps the chain clean and looking great.
- Great for road and off-road applications
- Durable and long last (but you will want to re-apply more frequently in adverse conditions)