Tire Discoloration Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello, I have been riding my trike for a little over 2 months now and noticed discoloration on my left front tire. Not sure if it is defective or not? Has anyone else experienced this?
405qwmwdcact.jpg
8ob1pze7qd7c.jpg

Comments

• It looks like the tread has worn completely down to the ply. Something is wrong but I can't imagine what. I would replace it with Bell BMX tires with Kevlar belts since that is what I use on my old Path.
  • Thanks, just can't see why it would wear so fast
  • incipient tire failure - park the trike. do not ride or replace tires until the alignment issue is resolved.

if new trike, you have a warranty issue.

due, in general, to improper wheel alignment on assembly coupled with lbs leaving quality control up to the unsuspecting buyer. the prudent new owner should check spoke tension, wheel truing, steering alignment, all hardware for tightness.
  • Under inflated.
  • What tires are on it?
  • Left front tire.
    I've been thinking of switching to 24" wheels so now is the time.
  • What brand?
  • Not sure yet, I will go to the local bike shop and talk options later in the week
  • If they came with the Trike they may be CST’s. I had them on the 2013 Rover I bought last spring. All three looked normal.
  • Under inflation was the main problem, I think
  • I ride more than my wife. I am guilty of just squeezing the tire as a method of testing pressure. We carry a nice floor pump with us in truck. Maybe every fourth trip i’ll Check them.
  • Over inflation will wear the inside of the tire. Under inflation will damage the outside and walls of the tire. I think you got a very bad set of tires.
  • Over inflation will wear the inside of the tire. Under inflation will damage the outside and walls of the tire. I think you got a very bad set of tires.

agree, overinflation or tire issue
  • edited June 26
    Under-inflated on really hot surfaces. Is your trike electrified? Sort of looks like skid marks, or really cheap(ly made) tires.

¬ ITL
  • It does look like skid marks or they were burning rubber but I was unsure you could do that on a trike. Didn't think of the ones with an electric motor.
  • Alignment, alignment, alignment!
  • Yeah, alignment. That got me on year.

Was going down a cement walk as not all areas out here have bicycle lanes. Was hot and I hit the brakes hard cause of some stupid driver not wanting to wait. That left a sizable scar on the tires. 1st stoppie.

¬ ITL
  • I got an email from the technical service department and they seem to think that the alignment is the main issue.