Mascots

@Lilypad was telling me a story, shortly after we met, that trikers would put mascots on their trikes. More of the lucky charm of something they've found along side the road. He's got an Iams Frosty on the back of his ride.
rw4lhx47maxi.jpg

All I have been finding are tools or construction supplies scattered about the road, or cheap smartphones that must of erked the owner one too many times.
So... found this cute Aussie Thorny Devil in the UK and ordered one. Think am going to mount it on the headrest tube. Will probably get a photo of it later in the day. Decided to take most of Monday off to lounge around. Was 91° F today...

Anyone else have mascots added to their trike?

Comments

• Thorny Devil mascot all the way from Sri Lanka, then to the UK, and across the pond and in Idaho. :)
    3yqrgtb4mzbs.jpg
  • Love the headrest! What does the solar panel do?
  • Recharges phones when stationary, and battery packs in the automatic retry mode when riding. Was testing the idea to see how well it worked out.
  • And he’s complaining about a 2 lb. rear rack?? :o
  • Recharges phones when stationary, and battery packs in the automatic retry mode when riding. Was testing the idea to see how well it worked out.

Great idea! Doesn't it cause a little drag?
  • It is fairly light weight, charges anything USB, can charge two devices at the same time. Battery packs for recharging devices/lights at night (when needed). No drag at all, nor did I feel it in the wind.

Thinking of going with small panniers, ditch the rack pack. Then I could carry take-out on top of the rack. Waiting for a good check before upgrading parts/bags.

Is good to have a mascot. Kids were looking/pointing at it when riding through the parks.
  • If there were a way to test it, I would bet you have significant drag from that setup! But, to each their own... whatever floats your boat!
  • What a lot of you fail to realize is there is a rider in the front.
    The large rider displaces more air around him. Seat is angled, with the air flow I have no issues. Average and maximum speed recordings have not changed, nor has the handling.
    Rovers were crafted to allow for heavier riders to ride. This disabled veteran outfits his trike for his uses & needs. And has a mascot now too. :)

A person could also have an opinion stating that the angle of the solar panel acts as a spoiler, keeping the rear tire more firm to the ground at higher speeds. That would be called an advantage. However the Rover was not meant for speed.

The flags on each driveway marker do add more noticeable drag. However they serve their purpose. Rovers were built for enjoyment, and allowing us larger folks the freedom to ride safely and without prejudice. Least until they post on the forum...
  • edited July 1
    What a lot of you fail to realize is there is a rider in the front.
    The large rider displaces more air around him. Seat is angled, with the air flow I have no issues. Average and maximum speed recordings have not changed, nor has the handling.
    Rovers were crafted to allow for heavier riders to ride. This disabled veteran outfits his trike for his uses & needs. And has a mascot now too. :)

A person could also have an opinion stating that the angle of the solar panel acts as a spoiler, keeping the rear tire more firm to the ground at higher speeds. That would be called an advantage. However the Rover was not meant for speed.

The flags on each driveway marker do add more noticeable drag. However they serve their purpose. Rovers were built for enjoyment, and allowing us larger folks the freedom to ride safely and without prejudice. Least until they post on the forum...

You can ride whatever you want and wherever you want at whatever speed you can attain. Just need thicker skin on forums.
  • edited July 1
    Not everyone agrees on the same thing, likes, or ideas. Some people profusely live the antagonistic lifestyle.
  • Not everyone agrees on the same thing, likes, or ideas. Some people profusely live the antagonistic lifestyle.

Love the Mascot, When I get a photo I will post mine, Named my Rover Lucy! I’ve been following “Travels by Trike” Blog. She is traveling all over the world & her blogs are awesome. I really admire her. Anyway her Mascot is a Turtle named Myrtle. Love it. She’s getting ready for a trip to Columbia and Ecuador, she’s got guts. She’s 60 & living her dream with Myrtle!
  • LOL - Mascots riding trikes!
    ms150_article.jpg?itok=9joAf0XT
  • Motorcyclists do the mascot thing too...
    Magical Mascots - 15/8/2017

I have mentioned that at as well as the Harley Bells we rely on to keep us safe on the road, some of us also adopt mascots to accompany us as we ride.

ewnt1est3bdk.png 4838241p4khb.png l8wvnqbj1j5a.png ns1rh84l2mv5.png

p81.png 361.6K
    p82.png 253.5K
    p83.png 387.4K
    p84.png 301.5K